Travis Bean Guitars - Unofficial Guitar Resource - Header

» Home
» About
» Blog
» Donate
» Database
» Videos
» Market
» Classifieds
» History
» Photo Gallery
» Repair
» Join
» FaceBook

» Join
» Login

» General Discussion
» Beans For Sale
» Mods/Repairs
» Website Discussion
» Forum Rules

»  The Runaways
»  Criteria
»  Me Him & Charlie Miller
»  A Giant A Genius
»  Shuttlecock
»  View All Bands
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
© 2001 - 2024

  Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only


  Return to forum index
 Author  Message
Jaysson Gurwell

PostPosted: 11/28/2006 at 4:57 PM    Post subject: Help link

My dad gave me a Travis Bean a few years back. I am considering selling it but I am not for sure if it is an Artist or not. It looks like it but can anyone tell me how to know for sure? Also it is missing the control knobs. Any idea on who would have those pieces?

Back to top

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.


01 Jun 2001
Posts: 1266
PostPosted: 11/28/2006 at 5:38 PM    Post subject: RE:Help link

Artists have two distinct features that are different than the standard. Artists have a carved top while a Standard is a flat top. Also, Artists have block inlays on the fretboard and the Standard has dots. Other than that.. they're basically the same.

Hope this helps

Back to top

View Member Profile


04 Feb 2004
Posts: 309
PostPosted: 11/29/2006 at 10:47 AM    Post subject: RE:Help link

Control knobs can be ordered from a on-line store like Stewart MacDonald. I believe Gibson speed knobs were standard equipment. They still make and sell these.

Back to top

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

  Return to forum index