© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 07/06/2009 at 7:38 AM    Post subject: TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay link

TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay. Non-original case, white finish. No reserve. No BIN. Guitar is currently in Japan and ships worldwide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travi.....QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar

Good luck!
admin

If you created this listing on eBay, can you contact me?

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

pbeekman

PostPosted: 07/10/2009 at 9:48 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay link

What do people think of the price this one went for? ($4161.00) Seems a fair bit lower than original colour finishes were getting even a short while back. How much has the recession dinted prices as an overall percentage?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travi.....%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

View Member Profile

charlie

PostPosted: 07/12/2009 at 9:30 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay link

It seems prices are down about 30% but if you think about it the peak values were sort of a sudden spike anyway. The last koa artist that actually sold went for $3500 and now this white standard at $4160. This is when anyone who has been left out of the "Bean club" should try to grab on if you can figure out a way to swing it.

Here is something else to think about:

$1000 in 1976 is equal to about $3750 in 2009 when adjusted for inflation

So you can buy a vintage, rare, amazing Travis Bean guitar for less than it sold for when new. Sure, not cheap and not as necessary as food or gas (maybe), but completely worth every penny!

View Member Profile

BeanDip

PostPosted: 07/13/2009 at 10:52 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1035 (White) on eBay link

The pictures were poor for this auction and the item was located in Japan. Does any one think this was a factor in the selling price? If this item was for sale on the local craigslist for 5k I would not have hesitated (once I saw it I verified it was original) I have always thought ebay was a poor representation of the bean market.

I love adjusting guitar prices for inflation. Much of the perceived value of a vintage guitar gets lost in inflation. Check it out. http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index