Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
The TravisBeanGuitars.com forum reserves the right to amend/change these rules at any time as needed.
Forum rules - last revision 03/28/2009
THE TRAVISBEANGUITARS.COM SITE, ITS OWNERS, ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS THAT TAKE PLACE BETWEEN MEMBERS OF THE FORUM AND OTHER MEMBERS OR WITH ANY BUSINESSES OR SPONSORS OF THIS SITE. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED AND SHOULD NOT TAKE PLACE ON THE FORUM.
Every Comment or Forum Post on this Site reflects the personal opinions of the Comment or Forum Poster, and the Comment or Forum Poster only. At no time should it be construed that the views expressed by a Comment or Forum Poster are reflective or indicative in any way, shape, or form of the views or opinions of any other person(s), business, organization, agency, party, government, or country, including and especially those of the TravisBeanGuitars.com (unless the Comment or Forum Poster is the site administrator 'admin').
TravisBeanGuitars.com reserves the exclusive right to moderate, manipulate, or delete outright any Comment or Forum Post that contains strongly offensive or profane language, addresses or phone numbers or email addresses for third parties (someone can post their own address or phone number).
- Posting is restricted to TravisBeanGuitars.com members only. Viewing is open to the public. Becoming a member is free and easy. Besides the ability to post in the forums, members will have the ability to manager their Bean entries and profiles. All members will need to verify their email addresses to participate in the forum.
- New members will have a approval time period before any posts or threads are viewable. This time period can be lifted under special circumstances.
- No extremely abusive, extremely threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
Any public bashing on the board of this forum, its administration, or its moderators may result in immediate banishment. If you have a disagreement with the TravisBeanGuitars.com forum, please take it to email, it will not be tolerated on the board. Any threatening or abusive emails or other forms of communication to the administration or the moderators may result in immediate banishment.
- Banning users. Users that have reached or exceed infraction maximum within an allotted time period will be banned. Banning is final without negotiation. For those that disagree with banning, this level is high, and in the end we do NOT want to ban anyone. Infractions are defined above. All logged in users will be able to "report" abusive posts. Those reports will be sent to forum moderators to assess if an infraction point is needed.
Members will not necessarily be notified by the Moderators or Administrators prior to or after banishment. This will be subject to their discretion. If a member wishes to contact the TravisBeanGuitars.com after being banned, they should contact an Administrator via the Contact Form.
TravisBeanGuitars.com retains the right to display any and all posts submitted by members. In the event of banishment, the TravisBeanGuitars.com Forum is under no obligation to remove any information - including username and/or posts that were provided by banned members. By submitting posts to the site your are consenting that you are allowing the display of the said post(s) indefinitely on TravisBeanGuitars.com.
Any attempt by persons who have been banished from the TravisBeanGuitars.com Forum to re-register under a different screen name or new email address will be considered harrassment and may be reported to the banished user's internet service provider (ISP) and may be subject to appropriate legal action.
- Spamming posts or threads. Any users found to be spamming will be banned. Spamming is defined by advertising goods or services on the board for monetary benefit NOT RELEVANT to the site or interests of others of the board. Spamming also includes members offering repeated services or offers for instruments..
We will no longer allow open offers for guitars/basses within any forum message board. If offers are found, they will be immediately removed. Repeat offenders will be banned. If you have a guitar for sale, you can post relevant information regarding that sale in the "Beans For Sale" message board. We will be offering an area (based on subscription) in the classifieds for buyers in the near future. Open offers include buy or trade offers.
Offering to buy or asking for others to sell guitars on threads that are unrelated to "Wanting to sell" topics is not allowed. This would include parts of the guitar as well. Members can state that their instrument or parts are for sale, but please don't pursue potential acquisitions.
Open offers for guitars/basses within any forum message board is not allowed, including the "Beans for Sale" board. We are currently allowing open offers for certain parts and should be only included in the "Mods/Repairs" message board. Parts currently allowed (knobs, saddles/bridge assemblies and pickups). Other part requests may be removed depending on the intent of the post. Cases are NOT allowed. This rule is highly subject to change and will be addressed on a per post basis. If part requests are abused, we will be forced to stop all open offers on parts.
- Do not post duplicate threads across multiple topics. Please find the topic that most applies to your thread and post only in one board. Posting in all three boards does not mean people will read it faster, etc. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
The TravisBeanGuitars.com reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations of the forum or site at any time.