»  View All Bands

TravisBeanGuitars.com
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK)

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 06/26/2008 at 3:18 PM    Post subject: TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK)

Starting bid at $150.00 GBP / $295.08 USD. Located in Glasgow

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travi.....geNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

PostPosted: 06/30/2008 at 10:32 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

-Post removed by request of the author-

View Member Profile

admin

PostPosted: 06/30/2008 at 10:52 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

It's lookin' like a later body type to me. I'm wondering about the number 76 on top of the 1754 between the pickups.

admin

View Member Profile

GregBailey

PostPosted: 07/01/2008 at 5:45 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

HEY!

I'm not exactly an expert, but I have seen quite a few pix of TB bodies. It's very typical to see the number written in dark marker between the pickups and in the cantrol cavity. That other number, 76 isn't typical of what I've seen. It's rather light colored and that slash in the 7 is something I've never seen in a TB body, but a lot of Europeans do use that slash.

What does it mean? I don't know, but I wouldn't guess that the 76 came from Travis Bean. I think it was written by someone else. Just my opinion.

Greg Bailey

View Member Profile

PostPosted: 07/01/2008 at 7:56 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

-Post removed by request of the author-

View Member Profile

GregBailey

PostPosted: 07/02/2008 at 8:16 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1754 red (Body Only) on eBay (UK) link

HI,

Well, chances are, if someone does get a neck made for it, it won't be one of mine. I guess this as good a time as any to mention that I'm going to quit making Travis Bean necks. I have a few that I am making for people who contacted me before I made this decision. Once these few projects are done, I'll no longer make these necks. There's just too much hassle. I will make the pickguards, back plates and the bridges, but that is it. I won't make pickup covers either. This will reduce the chances of some one trying to pass off a reproduction as original. I have one Standard body that will get a neck and one customer who is getting another complete Standard guitar. I do have a few original TB1000S bodies, but they are mine. I won't sell them. They might end up as complete guitars someday and if they do, they won't be sold, I will keep them. I have plans to make my own guitars to suit me. I plan to make one with an aluminum fingerboard and one that is solid magnesium. I have a Wedge project that I will also complete, but the body is not carved, it's edges are styled more like the TB1000S body. any necks that leave here WILL be stamped "BAILEY" somewhere visible into the aluminum, even after the guitar is assembled, Maybe in the same location TB put his serial number. My serial number is stamped inside the receiver. Anyway, I hope this will stop anyone from passing off my work as original TB.

Greg Bailey

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index