© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Keith Richards red 5 string TB

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
keetaman

PostPosted: 10/31/2013 at 12:53 PM    Post subject: Keith Richards red 5 string TB link

I found this Bean for sale. It's quite intriguing. Has this guitar been discussed on this forum before? Just wondering if there was any other information out there outside of what the seller provides...with whom I am not affiliated in any manner.

http://www.gbase.com/gear.....s-bean-standard-1970-red#

keeta

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

admin

PostPosted: 11/01/2013 at 7:33 AM    Post subject: RE:Keith Richards red 5 string TB link

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know there was a 'red' version of this. I might be able to dig some more detail. Here is a snippet from the Kaman Article: http://www.travisbeanguit.....7c2a79382e4a32260ae1aa2b0

"There were also six 5-strings made that were Standards and are serial No. 1732- 1737. These went to Keith Richards, Travis, Obe, Mark McElwee and Bill Lominic, the head machinist at the company. All of these were coated necks and were 1 3/8 thick."

Thanks!
admin

View Member Profile

admin

PostPosted: 11/01/2013 at 3:26 PM    Post subject: RE:Keith Richards red 5 string TB link

This is #1732 with factory red finish.

View Member Profile

humbuck

PostPosted: 11/07/2013 at 12:36 PM    Post subject: RE:Keith Richards red 5 string TB link

I own the 5 string Standard that used to be Obe's, it's serial #1734, when I play it it's tuned in a open G. It has two extra switches I think to go from humbucher to single coil. I love this guitar!

View Member Profile

keetaman

PostPosted: 11/10/2013 at 9:27 AM    Post subject: RE:Keith Richards red 5 string TB link

Hey thanks for the additional info Hank. And thanks Humbuck for posting pictures and info about yours. Very cool. You also answered my follow up question before I could post it..."How do you tune a guitar with 5 strings?"

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index