Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB1000A #453 on eBay

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 10/11/2010 at 11:21 PM    Post subject: TB1000A #453 on eBay link

TB1000A #453 on eBay. 10 day listing. No reserve. Starting bid at $.99. Natural Koa, OHSC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1976-.....uitar&hash=item20b45d0bc3

Good luck!
admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

dawmuppet

PostPosted: 01/25/2011 at 10:22 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #453 on eBay link

Hi everybody.
I'm the new owner of this fabulous instrument, and I'm absolutely proud of it!
Everything was as seller described, except for the paint, I hope it was in better conditions. Not really too bad, but some scratch here and there.
I wonder if thinking to re-paint it black was a bad thought, do you think it is a sacrilege?
Thank you, and sorry for my bad english!

View Member Profile

Joefish

PostPosted: 01/25/2011 at 7:05 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #453 on eBay link

Hi Daw, Congratulations!

Since I don't think you're going to sell that guitar/not worried about cutting the value in half, I'd do whatever you want to since it's your guitar.

Btw, what do you think of the neck?

View Member Profile

dawmuppet

PostPosted: 01/26/2011 at 4:50 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #453 on eBay link

Thank you very much, Mr Joefish!

I'm very happy about the neck of this guitar: good D shape, something similar to a Gibson Les Paul (I own a 1989 standard and a 2007 R7), between 50 style and 60 style, not too thin and not too fat. The frets are in very good conditions. I didn't know anything about the no radius fretboard, and when I saw it I was a bit scared about a total re-working of the guitar, but then I read something here about it, and now I'm quiet. I never owned a flat fretboard guitar before, except my first-steps-classical-guitar, that is only a bunch of glue and non-sort of multicoat wood. But I like it, I can play every kind of music I know and never feel tired, and for slide guitar is totally amazing! The rear of the neck is a little consumed, but it gives me something like a "satin feeling", that I like very much. It's a fast neck, and despite the total stability of a long and long metal neck tenon, it is very reactive and it catch every sound shade.
I played the guitar for some hour a day this week, and I'm feeling better and better with it, very comfortable! More than my R7, more and more and more than my 1989 standard!

After 15 years passed longing a TB1000A, and other 4 years passed pursuing it and trying to buy one, obviusly I'm not gonna sell it! But in a few years I could change mind about it, and I'd like to have the more experts opinion I can get about my re-paint question.
Considering these things:
-the guitar is no more total original: pots have been changed, and two caps too.
-the original paint is in good conditions, but there are some scratches here and there.
-the wood grain is beautiful, but not as particular as, for example, #28, or #100, or #101, or #193.
-if I will do black re-paint, I will contact my trustworthy professional high-skilled luthier, and I'll make sure to follow the factory painting process step by step.

Do you still think that a black re-painting will cut half the value off?

Last two considering:
-In 10 years of e-bay looking for a black TB1000A, I never saw one. I think they are the most wanted and the most appreciated. I personally think that a black TB1000A auction would probably go higher than a nat-koa one, even if re-painted. (And I keep saying I'm not gonna sell it, and if I will sell it, I'm gonna tell everything about this guitar, as correct and truthful as I can, included an eventual re-painting).
-I wanted a black one, but no way to find it anywhere. People owning them will keep them. So how can I have a black TB1000A?

Everyone who wants to tell something about my question is welcome!

Sorry for my bad english, that I think it is the worst on the planet!

View Member Profile

dawmuppet

PostPosted: 02/01/2011 at 2:18 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #453 on eBay link

Wow, a lot of help from you people, thank you...

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index