© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB2000 #219 Short Scale?

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
BassJeff

PostPosted: 05/25/2013 at 7:22 AM    Post subject: TB2000 #219 Short Scale? link

I just received the TB2000 #219 (my first Bean) and having Fender, Gibson, Hagstrom, and Warwick basses, I'm wondering if #219 is a short-scale/neck bass. What is the standard scale/neck length for TB2000 basses? #219 has a scale length of 23 1/2" to the top of the brass nut and a neck length of 28 1/2" to the top of the headstock.

Thanks.

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

turn

PostPosted: 05/27/2013 at 10:01 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #219 Short Scale? link

standard scale length is 33 1/4" (same as rickenbacker basses). i know some of the travis bean documents say 34" but it's definitely 33 1/4".

to measure the scale length, measure from the brass nut on the fretboard side to the middle of the 12th fret, then double that length.

see this thread for previous discussion: http://www.travisbeanguit.....fuseaction/forum.view.htm

per previous threads the short scale basses were 30" scale length

View Member Profile

turn

PostPosted: 06/05/2013 at 11:47 PM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #219 Short Scale? link

okay!

since you haven't responded - you're probably enjoying your new bass - and i'm freakin' obsessed about bean bass scale lengths (since the 34 1/2" and 34" in other bean documents are clearly incorrect) i dusted off the ol' tb2000 #306 and measured it based on your dimensions.

top of brass nut (the tuning peg side) to the end of the wood fretboard (right next to the neck pickup) is 23 1/2"

top of headstock to the end of the wood fretboard is approximately 28 1/4". but this is harder to measure as the headstock angles away from the fretboard.

i re-checked the scale length. from the brass nut on the fretboard side (right where the wood starts) to the middle of the 12th fret is ever-so-slightly less than 16 5/8". double that length to get 33 1/4" which is the confirmed scale length of a standard TB2000.

so bass'd (ha!) on the dimensions you gave TB2000 #219 is a standard, 33 1/4" scale length bass.

hey man, congratulations on your new/old bass!

View Member Profile

BassJeff

PostPosted: 08/19/2018 at 3:58 PM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #219 Short Scale? link

Thanks turn! I apologize for the delay, you bet I've been enjoying playing the Bean, especially on those nice days when I can sit out on the deck.

I agree regarding the standard scale length being standard versus short scale.

Currently set up with RotoSound RS66LD strings, which sound great by the way, I'm going to be switching over to the LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass strings to see how they sound with the Bean.

View Member Profile

artwar

PostPosted: 09/01/2018 at 8:58 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #219 Short Scale? link

When I saw Vincent Gallo's Travis Bean collection he showed me a TB-500 bass made in the 70's. Serial #1 and I believe the only one produced. I have had TB-2000 basses and Gallo's one of a kind TB-500 felt like a slightly shorter scale with a thinner faster neck. I wish I was allowed to take a picture of it as it was the coolest bass I have ever seen

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index