Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 06/25/2007 at 10:17 PM    Post subject: TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

TB1000S #1276 on eBay
No reserve, starting bid at $2,500 w/BIN at $4,495

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travi.....ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

old-bohemian

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 6:53 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Note that #1276 is a refin, therefore this would be a great opportunity for someone who wants a painted to buy it and get professional paint put on it. You wouldn't be messing with an genuine original and you could have the color you want on the greatest sounding of guitars. A refin is a refin.

old-bohemian

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 8:48 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

dank,
I sure hope you can get this one; paint it red to replace your beat up red.

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 9:15 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Thanks Old Bohemian. I was thinking the same thing...but, now that I'm getting shit for posting after I said I would not be posting anymore, I can only assume it will be priced out of reach. I guess I like posting so, I can officialy change my mind on that...but, when the Standad ends in 2 hrs and the beautiful artist ends in 18, I think we'll have a better idea if this spike in prices was temporary, or as I am thinking one person will be nabbing them all. It really did not bother me until I foolishly sold all 3 I had. I wanted to sell 2, but not all 3. I blame no one but myself. Live and learn.
-peace!
PS: it would be very cool if there was a page here that we could upload sound files so we could hear what kinds of music everyone is making from these awesome guitars.
Two years ago I got a koa for a guy, and it was the most beautiful piece of wood I have seen to date. That is one guitar I wish I would have kept.
I SO do not want to have remorse. I just can't control the way I feel.

View Member Profile

BoulderBean

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 10:05 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Gee whiz. Post as much as you want and don't feel guilty about it. People change their mind all the time.

The koa on that artist is fab.

View Member Profile

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 10:14 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Thanks, you guys are NICE people. I am uploading all the Beans that I have had andor am in the process of getting onto my flickr site right now...I will have a link up here to all of them in about 15 minutes.
Thanks al!!!!!!

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/01/2007 at 11:04 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

well, the koa went for $3,350. That is a good sign!
Here are some of the Beans that have been in my hands or will be in the near future:
http://www.flickr.com/pho.....57@N00/?deleted=691199110
the red one does not look so bad in the photos, but it really was the most beat Bean I have ever seen...BUT IT WAZ RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Member Profile

Kevin

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 2:04 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

"Mothers Billet Metal Polish" will remove the tarnish on your neck. If theres still some left youll need to use 2000 grit 3m sand paper then the billet polish. It will look like a million bucks again.

heres a few pics for you:
http://i57.photobucket.co.....g211/jimmyjames6/bean.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.co.....211/jimmyjames6/bean2.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.co.....myjames6/CloseupBack2.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.co.....6/a_tbeansnbst500dlx1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.co.....211/jimmyjames6/tbean.jpg

View Member Profile

old-bohemian

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 4:59 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Congrats, dank, on #1710; hope you can pull off the trifecta and get back to where you once were.

hogrot

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 9:54 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

hell jesus dank i hope you've got armed guards watching over your stash.

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 11:20 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

WOW, Kevin....are those the "new" Travis's that he made a year or two ago? Do you know his reasoning for going with alumunim bodies instead of wood? AMAZING instruments. We need to get Travis to post on this site. I wonder what his reluctancy (terrible speller) is?
Thanks for sharing!

Also, yes, I have pit bulls, a moat (sp?) with alligators, poisen darts when items are picked up and then there is the expensive stuff that's at my dad's house. He is 6' 9" and played center in the NBA with Wilt Chamberlain. So, he is a better guard than all aforementioned items.LOL!
Thanks...

View Member Profile

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 11:32 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

oh, and thanks for your KIND words and hopes O.B. If I do pull off the trifecta, the young expecting father who has dreamed of just one Bean for years will be getting one from me for either free or a nominal fee. That is just how I am. I once gave a Mutron Bi-Phase to a friend who had always wanted one and I gave a $700 tube screamer to another friend just recently. I have been blessed to be the keeper of such gear while I am alive. I am a man of my word and I am not about taking advantage of people. I mentioned my dad in the earlier post, so I have been around meglamaniacs my entire life. Maybe that's why I had such a bad taste in my mouth. Had I been fully awake, completely aware of what I was doing and did not feel like I was being held hostage, perhaps I would not have given into my weeknesses and I would not be scrambling to buy all of these now.
If I can get the refin, I will be done and this will be the final piece the puzzle......
Stay tuned...same bat-time, same bat-channel.
-peace (in the land of the dark and times of desperation we are riding on the same ship which we call Travis Bean)

View Member Profile

JohnBR

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 12:44 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

If I happen to win #1276, the refinished one....I will sell the case for a nominal fee. I don't know if it is an original Bean case. It looks different than my others...the "box", or container inside the case is at an angle like an old strat case or something.....but if there is a person reading who wants the case and does not really want the guitar, I will sell that case....and probably would follow through with the other case like I had said I would.
Thanks

View Member Profile

Kevin

PostPosted: 07/02/2007 at 6:54 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

Actually they were made in 1997. It doesnt seem like that long though. The tops are wood and the backs are metal. He said in an interview that he had the idea a long time ago, but it wasnt possible with the technology of the day.

I just figure hes had his fill and is done with it, but who knows.

View Member Profile

Hackney

PostPosted: 07/13/2007 at 3:42 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #1276 on eBay link

I have a T1000 Koa for sale serial # 390 in excellent condition. I am about to put it on EBay, but thought I would try here first. If interested, email me at lkhackney@optonline.net.

Thanks,

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index