© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 12/31/2008 at 7:40 AM    Post subject: TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay link

TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) on eBay. This is a very unique guitar on eBay. It was the display guitar used to show various cutaways revealing how the guitar was built. This display piece would have gone to various shows and conventions including NAMM. Was purchased directly from Rick "Obe" Oblinger prior to his passing earlier this year.

Starting bid at $2,999.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAVI.....QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar

Good luck!
admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

rlrlrl

PostPosted: 01/05/2009 at 9:58 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay link

Just a tangent. I happen to own TB1000A #1233, which is a really great playing guitar. It'd be fun, or at least amusing, to see how many guitars we've got on this board with successive serial numbers.... and then maybe to see how much individual variation there is from one to the next. I vaguely remember somebody saying, not about Beans but in general, that build quality of certain brands can have more to do with what time of the day the parts were built, whether the machines were running cold or hot (early or late).

Maybe this would apply less to Beans because they were much more hand built. It'd be interesting to know more about the manufacturing process, about who did what at the factory.....

View Member Profile

ReneVanLien

PostPosted: 01/05/2009 at 10:44 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay link

I owned tb500 162 and 163. They were completely identical. I could not see any difference besides the obvious marks of a brutal butcher (see pictures of the TB500 before and after the restoration at EGC's/Kevin's myspace page ).
I traded this guitar (163) with Kevin for EGC standard all aluminium #213. I already had a TB500 (162) but was curious about the beautiful EGC standard, and Kevin always wanted a TB500. So I got a working guitar and he fixed up (amazing job!) the TB500. The EGC standard plays very very nice and is as good as a TB... I even love tghe thin neck a lot better, it made me a bit faster on guitar. It also ads a nice diverse tone in my collection of guitars.

Admin could maybe set up such a more detailed list of TB's linked to forummembers... I think some people would prefer to keep this info to themselves????

View Member Profile

Somnambulist

PostPosted: 01/05/2009 at 11:59 AM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay link

There is an option under profile settings to display your Database listing if you had one but it doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell.

View Member Profile

admin

PostPosted: 01/05/2009 at 12:06 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000A #1234 (display guitar) relisted on eBay link

Ack! I'll work on that. I probably won't be able to get to it today, but probably tomorrow. Thanks for pointing that out!

admin

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index