Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Model 500 Basses

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
E. Bailey

PostPosted: 11/05/2007 at 6:42 PM    Post subject: Model 500 Basses link

Around 1997 I spotted three magnolia Model 500 bass bodies for sale in a glass case at Norm's Rare Guitars. All were top routed for pickups and controls, and they closely resembled the offset body style of the second version (asymmetrical) Model 500 guitar. I don't recall if the bodies had lacquer or sanding sealer, but there were no necks to accompany them. The neck route went almost completely through, like on the TB 2000. As well, there were four holes for the strings to pass through the bridge. Does anyone know if any of these basses made it past this stage of production ? In 15 years of Bean hunting, I've never spotted one or heard rumor of a completed one.

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

Kevin

PostPosted: 11/05/2007 at 10:13 PM    Post subject: RE:Model 500 Basses link

I wish i could see these.

I do know that mighty mite bought all the remaining pcs after the factory closed. Most of this stock was 500 bodies and necks(finished and unfinished). I dont recall were i read this, but have seen it a few times. I hope one day theyll pop up.

View Member Profile

E. Bailey

PostPosted: 11/06/2007 at 12:50 PM    Post subject: RE:Model 500 Basses link

The bodies were priced at around 100-150 each. At the time that was beyond my budget for what were to me essentially conversation pieces. As well, TB500 guitars were fetching between 400-800 in good original condition back then, to the best of my memory (still kicking myself for passing up a few). There's always the chance too that they still have the bass bodies. Both Norm's and Chris' Guitars in North Hollywood had adsorbed some of the TB inventory along with Stars Guitars.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index