Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB2000 #751 on eBay

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 09/17/2007 at 11:59 AM    Post subject: TB2000 #751 on eBay link

Nice lookin' Bean bass on eBay with original case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinta.....ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No reserve. Good luck!!!

admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

TBGURU

PostPosted: 09/30/2007 at 2:15 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

IF YOU USE EBAY, LOOK AT THIS! Hello bean players, bean collectors, bean admirers, bean haters. I just wanted to pass on information about the results of this "auction" on ebay. After the bass was auctioned off to the winner ( 7115wolf), it was offered to me as a second chance ebay auction with a "buy it now". The winning BIDDER did NOT buy the guitar. In the last 40 seconds he repeatedly raises the price by over 30%. Please take the time to look at the bid history. Keep in mind that I was made a second chance offer on this bass because THE WINNING BIDDER DID NOT BUY THE BASS. I guess he just wanted to raise the price and then not pay. What do they call that? This happens a lot on ebay, the only problem is that the only ones who find out are ebay, the seller, the winning NON BUYER, and the ebayer who gets the second chance option. Also note that you seldom see anything about this on both the sellers and the buyers feedbacks. Please take the time to check this out.

drollain

PostPosted: 10/01/2007 at 8:10 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

Interesting... I think (just on principle) that I would offer him the $2,500.00 that the bass was at before wolf started jacking up the price...

But that is just me...

guitarcharlie

PostPosted: 10/01/2007 at 8:55 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

Be aware that many second chance offers are fake. They often come from someone other than the actual seller. These scams occur alot on ebay sales. Before you make any counter offers make sure you contact the seller by telephone and I recommend having him/her email you a new photo of the guitar that was not on the auction listing. I have received several of these fake offers on auctions I did not win. When I have requested contact telephone and new photos the scammers don't reply or provide some bullshit excuse about the guitar being in a different location while the scammer is travelling etc.

View Member Profile

TBGURU

PostPosted: 10/01/2007 at 11:01 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

guitarcharlie, Hey. That is sometimes true, but in this case it is offered through ebay. All of the same rules, feedback, etc., I had 24 hours to "buy it now ". Things often relist on ebay without reflecting appropriate feedback. If a guitar is relisted and the seller says " relisted due to deadbeat buyer" look to see that feedback was left. I cannot tell you how many times I see an ebayer with a low feedback score win a guitar only to see that it is relisted. Ebay's ever evolving bidder information policies are supposed to do a few things (they say), one of which is to keep people from being ripped-off outside of ebay by limiting what you can find out about bidders. This is true to an extent, but if you only do business through ebay you cannot get ripped-off outside of ebay. Bare in mind that you risk losing your ebay privileges if you use ebay to do business outside of ebay, whether you are the buyer or seller. However, I feel that a lot of business is done outside of ebay, judging from how many nice guitars in the $4000-$8000 range never finish auction. Not just never finish, but end after a day or two. Heavily watched items, with heavy bidding, in a week long auction, ending after 36 hours, always a red flag to me.
If you always send your ebay related email through your "my ebay" page you are pretty safe from "outside ebay" fraud. Avoiding fraud "inside ebay" is much more complicated and is what ebay should concentrate on. It makes no sense to make a new rule limiting the transparency of bidders to protect us from what the old rules already said you were forbidden to do. Protecting us from ourselves or just a way to pull as much revenue through ebay ( which is what ebay was doing in the first place in re. to outside transactions and what they should be doing as a company for the bottom line). The result is increased anonymity for shill bidding, which is rampant. Buyers and sellers agreeing not to go through with auctions is a form of shill bidding for sure.

flw

PostPosted: 10/10/2007 at 8:49 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

To clarify this
TBGURU, I understand that this auction must look quite dubious to you if you have in mind that I never wanted to buy the bass. But theres no reason to suspect.
I fully paid this bass and although I know the price was (ridiculously) high, now that Ive played it I dont regret a cent. The 2nd bidder was on 3200,- anyway so no reason to complain about jacking up the price if you keep in mind that I really wanted this guitar. After the auction I had some problems with paypal to transfer the money quickly so it took me some days which is probably the reason the seller did offer it to you. So I would have thought the same. Fact is in the end this has been an absolute correct ebay transaction and to have my ebay username (7115wolf) printed here in this very bad context is BASELESS. Just wanted to clarify this. Probably not the best way to introduce myself here, Wolf

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

TBGURU

PostPosted: 10/10/2007 at 11:33 AM    Post subject: RE:TB2000 #751 on eBay link

Hey wolf, "Thou dost protest too much",methinks. FACT: I was offered that very instrument only hours after the close of that auction, via a legitimate ebay " second chance offer". That is a fact. Strange that the bidding on the next bass only went to $2200. You are calling it "overpriced", I wouldn't call a few thousand dollars for a precision instrument as unique and functional as a bean overpriced by any means. I'd bet that tb2000s will be selling for $4500 within a few short years. I was not commenting on the final price, just the fact that the bidding seemed driven by people who did not seem to be buyers.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index