© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Greg Bailey TB 1000S copy (#032)

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
blackmarker

PostPosted: 03/16/2008 at 2:57 PM    Post subject: Greg Bailey TB 1000S copy (#032) link

I've come to the realization this guitar is a bit too heavy for me to play standing up (almost 10 pounds). I bought the guitar from Greg about a year and a half ago. The guitar features an original TB body in Koa, which being 30 years old, has it's share of nicks and bumps. Greg machined the neck, bridge, pickguard, control cavity cover, and pickup covers. The bridge was fabricated out of a solid block of steel (not bent or pot metal). The pickup covers (aluminum) are cut from a solid block as well. Pickups in this guitar are a Seymour Duncan Custom 5/ '59 hybrid (bridge) and a Stew Mac Golden Age A5 humbucker (neck). The covers will accept any humbucker, but you may need Greg to fashion a new baseplate (mounts from the bottom). Pickups are wax-potted in to the covers and easily removable. These pickups sounds excellent in this guitar. The fretboard is phenolic and the nut is brass. This is a high-quality copy and tolerances are tight. I have some pictures on-hand, but they are not hosted. I will take some more of better quality today. If you live in the Chicagoland area I will meet up so you can try the instrument out. Price is $1800 and I will ship for free to anywhere in the contiguous United States. If you live somewhere else I will have to see what the cost is. If you live outside the US, that is fine with me. I can be reached at blackmarket dot design at gmail dot com. I am a member both here and over at the Metal Necks community.

Below are pictures of my guitar from Greg's website.
http://www.baileycustomgu.....images/3Bean1-280x570.jpg
http://www.baileycustomgu.....tar.com/images/3Bean6.JPG

If you would like to see inside, have a look at my blog:
http://blog.myspace.com/i.....=8432066&blogID=213091148

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

blackmarker

PostPosted: 03/26/2008 at 4:50 PM    Post subject: RE:Greg Bailey TB 1000S copy (#032) link

SOLD

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index