© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Mods / Repairs

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Sharing my repair blog for Artist #1412

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
FranKrause

PostPosted: 03/03/2016 at 2:30 PM    Post subject: Sharing my repair blog for Artist #1412 link

Hi folks,

I just wanted to share the blog I've set up to document the repairs I'm making on my Artist #1412. It's been tricky to find some of the information I've been looking for, so I thought I'd set up something where I could post the things I'm learning. It's been a fun project so far. Hope you enjoy it!

http://travisbean1412.tumblr.com/

Thanks,
-Fran

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

quimbymeat

PostPosted: 03/04/2016 at 3:36 AM    Post subject: RE:Sharing my repair blog for Artist #1412 link

Kevin at EGC/Travis Bean Designs can make you new pickups and anything else needed to the original spec.

View Member Profile

FranKrause

PostPosted: 03/04/2016 at 10:13 AM    Post subject: RE:Sharing my repair blog for Artist #1412 link

Thanks Quimby, I've looked into Kevin's website. It looks like he does some fantastic work. My guitar needs a bunch of parts, and when I looked into buying them all, it was going to cost over a thousand dollars for everything. Since I like figuring out how to make things, I figured I could spend that thousand dollars on tools and materials, and in the end I'd have some tools and some new skills.

Also, I might be doing things a little differently than the stock components. I'm a bit spoiled with my guitar. It's actually pretty light, since it doesn't have the stainless steel cavity cover & pickguard. I was thinking of making the cover & pickguard out of polished aluminum (maybe making some stainless steel versions to leave in the case) to lighten things up.

So, I'll see how it goes. Definitely an experiment, and something that'll be slower than buying the parts, but I think it'll be fun and educational.

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index