© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
jdubois

PostPosted: 06/27/2010 at 3:33 PM    Post subject: TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

I bought TB 2000 Fretless Bass # 807, used, about 25 years ago at Alex Music on 48th St in NYC. It has followed me around for many years but I simply have not played it much. Here's the problem: The previous owner removed the bridge pick-up and installed a Bartolini soap bar as a top loaded drop in with a screwed in plastic trim ring plate . Due to the wiring of this arrangement the pick-up will not adjust low enough in the body to clear the "g" string all the way up to the top of the fret board. The "g" string busses out, dead, at about "a" above the "g" octave. I would be very happy to bring #807 back to original form by installing an original or remanufactured TB bridge pick-up. Where can I find a pick up? Is there someone who can build a pick-up? Do you know of anyone who would sell one or build one? Thanks. and Thanks for the very fine website. jdb.

(This is the first listing on the website of this instrument, Congratulations, you've helped located another Bean that has been hidden for thirty years.

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

HLAVA

PostPosted: 06/28/2010 at 3:06 AM    Post subject: RE:TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

can we see some pics?

View Member Profile

jdubois

PostPosted: 06/28/2010 at 8:37 AM    Post subject: RE:TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

I'll get some photos posted as soon as possible: In general, 807 is clear coat natural Koa with some honest wear; nicks, dings, dime size thumb-wear-through on the finish at the bridge pick-up/E string and belt buckle marring on the back. (Inside, below the pick-ups on the aluminum neck-through is handwritten in large letters with magic marker "FRETLESS". Also, inside the pot control cavity on the wood is handwritten in magic marker "807". How many of the fretless basses were built?

View Member Profile

sikoehlme

PostPosted: 07/01/2010 at 5:34 AM    Post subject: RE:TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

kevin (EGC) can help you with an exact replacement pickup.

www.electricalguitarcompany.com

View Member Profile

jdubois

PostPosted: 07/02/2010 at 10:42 AM    Post subject: RE:TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

sikoehlme: I received another very positive referral recently to EGC. I sent a message through EGC's website "contact" box. I have not received a response yet. If I don't see an email response soon I'll make a phone call. Thanks, for the referral! jdb

View Member Profile

sikoehlme

PostPosted: 07/02/2010 at 11:24 AM    Post subject: RE:TB 2000 # 807 Fretless Bass link

sometimes it takes a few days until he replies, he's quite busy but i've always got a reply...his pickups are excellent (and his guitars).

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index