Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

TB1000S #200 on eBay

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
admin

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 10:31 AM    Post subject: TB1000S #200 on eBay link

TB1000S #200 on eBay, no reserve, starting bid at $250.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travi.....ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck!
admin

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

BoulderBean

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 12:30 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #200 on eBay link

Is everyone in need of Christmas cash or something? All of a sudden there are a lot of Beans for sale on E-bay. This could be another opportunity for the well-heeled collectors to corner the market or perhaps a chance for a poor Bean-less musician to pick up a (relative) bargain.

View Member Profile

guitarcharlie

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 3:42 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #200 on eBay link

Yeah....It's raining Beans!....however the last few standards for sale are not helping themselves much with the lame photos. A Travis Bean beautifully photographed is a sight to behold (see admin's Bean at the top of this website for a nice example) Plus it is impossible to tell if these have been refinished. etc. I know from experience (unfortunately) that a poorly photographed Bean might be refinished and you can't tell until you hold it in your hands. I hope these new listings come down to earth in price, to spread the good cheer around to new beanophiles...seems like a good possibility, but we'll see.

View Member Profile

JohnBR

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 7:39 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #200 on eBay link

I like a Bean photographed from this angle best...it shows the wood grain from a perfect angle:
http://www.flickr.com/pho...../62767557@N00/1478336311/
or
http://www.flickr.com/pho...../62767557@N00/2093088879/

even though that second one is not as goodof a photo as the one before it or the one after it..GC, how can you tell if the finish is not original? Someone told me they used Poly? That is B.S., right? Also, GC, email me your addy off-board. I have some bolts for ya

View Member Profile

guitarcharlie

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 8:28 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #200 on eBay link

Hey Dank what I meant was that you can't tell from these photos if the finish is original or not. A good ebay listing should have some nice closeups with subtle reflecting lighting to see the "character" of the finish..nicks, scuffs, weather checking, etc. My understanding is all original Bean finishes are nitro laquer. I confirmed that with a guy that worked there who primarily did finish work. My Beans are nitro...except for one shitty refin that I made the mistake of buying.

View Member Profile

JohnBR

PostPosted: 12/18/2007 at 9:21 PM    Post subject: RE:TB1000S #200 on eBay link

gotcha...some bloak from Aulstralia who said he used to own a few wedges and beans in every color of the rainbow told me they were poly. I didn't think so.
-pce

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index