© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: General Discussion

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

ebay scam for artist #831

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
eric

PostPosted: 12/21/2006 at 4:35 PM    Post subject: ebay scam for artist #831 link

i got a "2nd chance ebay offer" to buy this bean for $1175. i know my bid was way too low, but i am so far from owning a bean, it felt good to even bid on one... ha. well anyway the 2nd chance offer was a scam for anyone else who bid.

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

matt

PostPosted: 12/23/2006 at 5:26 PM    Post subject: RE:ebay scam for artist #831 link

I was actually the winning bidder on that guitar. I got it for the reserve of $2500. I haven't completed the transaction yet; could you please elaborate on your experience? I don't know what you mean by a second chance offer. Thanks a lot. I don't want to get burned. I was really excited about this guitar.

eric

PostPosted: 12/24/2006 at 10:15 AM    Post subject: RE:ebay scam for artist #831 link

hey matt, i wrote you back a very long email explaining exactly what happened to me. i had absolutely no intention of discrediting this seller or worrying you about your purchase. my intention was to warn other non-winning bidders about fake "2nd chance offers" that appear to come from ebay. when i replied to the 2nd chance email i received a form letter style email that was obviously a hoax. they requested a bunch of personal information from me but made no specific reference to the guitar and said the Ebay SCO office would handle the transaction. I contacted ebay and the seller. Ebay said it is a phishing email and to ignore it. The seller said it was absolutely not him, and the guitar had been sold. If anyone needs clarification feel free to email me.

matt

PostPosted: 12/24/2006 at 10:18 AM    Post subject: RE:ebay scam for artist #831 link

Thank you. You have been very helpful.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index