Travis Bean Guitars - Unofficial Guitar Resource - Header

» Home
» About
» Blog
» Donate
» Database
» Videos
» Market
» Classifieds
» History
» Photo Gallery
» Repair
» Join
» Contact
» MySpace
» FaceBook

» Join
» Login

» General Discussion
» Beans For Sale
» Mods/Repairs
» Website Discussion
» Forum Rules

»  RE:The story of 729
    by HiwattBob
»  The story of 729
    by hnewman
»  Jerry Garcia TB1000A Custom for sale
    by dialectric
»  RE:This is for sale on ebay..
    by GregBailey
»  RE:This is for sale on ebay..
    by keetaman

»  Shora
»  Thin Lizzy
»  Shuttlecock
»  Grateful Dead
»  Poster Children
»  View All Bands
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
© 2001 - 2018

Forum :: Mods / Repairs

Is there a specialist - or special way to re lacqu

  Return to forum index

 Author  Message

31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1
PostPosted: 02/09/2017 at 10:31 AM    Post subject: Is there a specialist - or special way to re lacqu link

A number of years ago I taught guitar lessons at a local school and then left the music book in my guitar case.

I didn't play for a long time - but when I decided to start again, I found that the ink from the music book transferred through the guitar's lacquer and into the wood! I thought it was just in the lacquer, but I gently sanded some of it and that's how I found out it was in the wood.

The guitar is in excellent shape - I would just like to fix the area that the ink seeped through.

Ay ideas? It would be great if somebody was in the San Diego area who could help.


Back to top

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

Save Up to $75 Instantly at

  Return to forum index