© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Mods / Repairs

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

tb1000a bridge pickup to high #828

Return to forum index
 Author  Message
1dallek1

PostPosted: 03/03/2012 at 2:52 PM    Post subject: tb1000a bridge pickup to high #828 link

please help my bean is #828 . the pickup height can't be adjusted the bridge pickup is 1mm away from the strings. I had the pickup unscrewed to look, it just sits on the hollowed neck through the body like a railroad tie. what am i missing? the only action I see is to remove material under the pickup to allow it to go deeper? this is destructive I can't do this help?
ns

View Member Profile

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

admin

PostPosted: 03/04/2012 at 8:28 AM    Post subject: RE:tb1000a bridge pickup to high #828 link

I have a standard close to that number. When I measure the gap between the pickup and the bottom of the low E string, I come in at .1035" or 2.64mm. I don't think you want to make any adjustments to the pickups or the base plate.. that would most likely be a mistake.

Have you adjusted the string heights on the pole piece/saddles? I would adjust the height there, but that will definitely affect your action. On my guitar, my action is higher than most (I prefer high action vs. laying on the fret board) on my Bean.

admin

View Member Profile

1dallek1

PostPosted: 03/04/2012 at 5:32 PM    Post subject: RE:tb1000a bridge pickup to high #828 link

I'm at 060 at the 22nd fret and the strings are almost sitting on the pickups. it used to be higher but that doesn't work for me. I really never looked at this before and can't believe the lack of adjustment. so my only recourse is to alter the neck under the pickups which is not happening ?

View Member Profile

gse1

PostPosted: 03/05/2012 at 1:43 PM    Post subject: RE:tb1000a bridge pickup to high #828 link

just a thought. Do you know if the fretboard has ever been replaced (if it was replaced with a thinner fretboard or the original fret board was sanded down considerably this would affect the action and bring strings closer to the pickups). have the frets been dressed right down?
cheers

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index