»  View All Bands

TravisBeanGuitars.com
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
© 2001 - 2024

Rattlesnake Cable Company - High Quality Instrument Cables - Made in Montana
Forum :: Beans For Sale

Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT!

Return to forum index
 Author  Message

PostPosted: 10/14/2007 at 12:30 PM    Post subject: MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT! link

howdy all- got a bean for sale, #168. just picked it up from a friend in tennessee, and decided that i cannot afford to keep it, so its got to go!
one of only about 250 made, with the IMRON coated neck, original case (in EXCELLENT condition) and tuning machines. great shape for its age (probably made in 1977) it has some very minor body wear, but nothing offensive. it has the typical hairline stress crack and the neck body intersection, but the guitar is structurally sound, playable, and sounds great. action is perfect. I believe that the original pickups have been replaced with kent armstrong p-90's, which are a bit less twangy than stock, i used to own another 500 just like this one, with the original plastic enclosed, travis bean labeled single coils. the Kent's sound way better, but thats my opinion, and the guitar loosesd originality points due to this mod. It looks liek the previous owner had some fun with the electronics, there are some unused holes drilled in the pick-guard. Right not the electronics are stock, with a three way toggle, and two volumes. bridge in in perfect shape, original with no rust. there are a few little chips in the imron on the headstock, but the rest of the neck is flawless. there is an extra hole below the cutaway where i guess a previous owner had the strap button mounted. right now the buttons are in the stock location, and I replaced the originals with black jim dunlop locking buttons, the push button release strap locks are included to attach to your strap, as this is a guitar you DO NOT want to drop! never played it much live myself as I was too worried about damaging it. I am not taking any chances shipping this thing, UPS or FED-EX insured to the hilt, and double boxed packed. I have had UPS snap at travis bean wedge in half-- I want to be able to put the time, and material in to making this package break-proof. anyways, i can send more pics on request, and am taking offers on this rare guitar. I'll put it on ebay next week if no one bites here, just thought i'd offer it to the community first.

http://i51.photobucket.co.....ums/f382/abc_d2/TB500.jpg

Disclosure: Any links to eBay or Amazon.com are affiliate links. Affiliate links may provide commission payments to the site based on purchases.

JohnBR

PostPosted: 10/14/2007 at 1:44 PM    Post subject: RE:MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT! link

Hi, very interested, please call:
847-833-0630
Or can email ruklick55@yahoo.com, but I will not check my emails again until tomorrow. Thanks!
-John

View Member Profile

beanman

PostPosted: 10/14/2007 at 6:53 PM    Post subject: RE:MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT! link

Hi
Very interested. Feel free to call 312 953 1782

Jason H

PostPosted: 10/15/2007 at 8:55 PM    Post subject: RE:MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT! link

Hi,

Very interested.. is this guitar still available?

Cheers, Jason

holmes

PostPosted: 10/16/2007 at 9:22 AM    Post subject: RE:MODEL 500 FOR SALE, MAGNOLIA, EXCELLENT! link

hailhailredmosquito@yahoo.co.uk if you fancy discussing.

View Member Profile

Save Up to $75 Instantly at MusiciansFriend.com
Due to abuse - forum is closed and in archive mode only

Return to forum index